When people hear about steroids, they think about muscle building steroids. Well, not all steroids help in gaining muscles, strength, and size. Some might have the opposite impact. That is because the molecular structure is different.
It is no surprise, steroids come in different forms and are found in various places like in the human body, plants, or animals. You might be wondering what types of steroids are available on the market?
In this article, we have talked about three main types of steroids in detail.
Basically, steroids can be divided into 2 categories: Anabolic steroids and corticosteroids. Anabolic steroids are used for athletic purposes while corticosteroids are for medicinal purposes. Here are the different types of steroids.
Corticosteroids are the most common type of steroids. It is because these can be natural or synthetic hormones. The natural hormone is produced by our body, just above the kidneys through the adrenal cortex. While the synthetic one acts just like the hormone cortisol.
It helps in preventing inflammation and controlling vital processes of your body including protein and carbohydrate metabolism, water balance, functions of the cardiovascular system, kidney, and skeletal muscle.
Another type of steroid is Glucocorticoids. These are also steroid hormones that have a key role to play in the active uptake of macronutrients in our body. In simple words, it helps in regulating metabolism and has a direct impact on how we process carbohydrates, proteins, and fats.
Moreover, such steroids have anti-inflammatory benefits. As the name suggests, these steroids have a huge role in determining the efficiency of your body at processing glucose. Additionally, steroids have therapeutic effects on your body as it improves cognitive function and health.
It is not suitable for bodybuilders as it has catabolic impacts which lead to muscle wastage and breakdown.
Next on the list are anabolic steroids. Now, these are the types of steroids you have heard negative things about. Anabolic steroids are very different from corticosteroids; the only similarity is the name steroids.
Such steroids are also man-made hormones that mimic the effect of testosterone. They are useful in enhancing performance, muscle mass, strength, and burn fat. That is why it is mostly used by athletes, bodybuilders, and fitness enthusiasts.
Furthermore, anabolic steroids assist in retaining Nitrogen within the muscles and maintain a positive balance.
Not a lot of people know this, your body needs plenty of Nitrogen for protein synthesis to happen. Protein synthesis is a simple and natural process in which our body creates new muscle protein tissues for restoring and repairing the current muscle tissues. It is a crucial process, especially after heavy physical activity.
For instance, you have started your weight lifting journey. When you lift weights, it causes small tears and rips in the muscle fibers. It gets repaired when you rest. After repairing them, our body makes more muscle in order to prevent further damage or tear. As the process repeats, you will become more jacked and bigger with every session.
However, the role of anabolic steroids is not just limited to this. It has other uses as well. Some of them include:
● Speeding up the recovery process
● Burns fat
● Create more red blood cells
● Enhance performance and endurance
● Increases appetite
● Increases bone density
Steroids come in different forms and sizes.
● Topical- such a type of steroid is used for treating skin diseases such as eczema. Mostly, these are available as creams, ointments, lotions, and eye drops.
● Nasal Sprays- these are perfect for treating symptoms of stuffiness and congestion in your nose.
● Inhalers- it is an ideal choice for treating diseases like asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
● Injections- injectables are best for treating disorders such as arthritis. These are also good for treating a condition that impacts the soft tissues like tendon inflammation and tennis elbow. Examples of some injectables include Equipoise (EQ), Testosterone enanthate, Nandrolone phenylpropionate, Primobolan, and Trenbolone acetate.
● Oral- these are the most popular forms of steroids. Such steroids have no limitation, it is useful in reducing inflammation and many other conditions including ulcerative colitis, multiple sclerosis, Crohn’s disease, arthritis, asthma, and adrenal insufficiency. Some oral steroids include Stanozolol, Oxymetholone, Mesterolone, Fluoxymesterone, and Methyltesterone.
We hope you have comprehensive knowledge about steroids and their types. Not all steroids are the same; some are great for treating health conditions while some are ideal for gaining muscles, strength, and improving performance. Whether you want to use it for treating a condition or to have a toned body, you must always consult a doctor or trainer before using them. These can have detrimental effects if used in too much quantity. If you want to lose weight and be fit, you must use anabolic steroids.
Check out our exclusive collection of premium quality steroids manufactured by top brands.