Pros and Cons of Oral and Injectable SteroidsSteroids
Steroids are biologically active molecules or compounds that could serve as drugs for the treatment of diseases or as artificial hormones in the human body. They could be taken in various forms. These could be oral or injectable depending on their intake method.
Some people might think that there is no difference between oral and injectable steroids, as the purpose of both is to provide the body with steroids. But in actuality, there are differences between them. Usually, it is considered that oral steroids are less effective than injectable steroids. In this article, you will know about the effectiveness and side effects of both these types.
The best way to compare oral and injectable steroids is to compare their pros and cons. Let’s look at their pros and cons one by one.
All the steroids that are available in the form of pills or syrups are known as oral steroids. It is clear from their name that you have to engulf them through your mouth to intake them. Dianabol, Primobolan, Anavar, Turinabol, Winstrol are some examples of oral steroids. There are different merits and demerits of oral steroids.
Pros of Oral Steroids
• Oral steroids are easy to take. You don’t have to visit a clinic to inject them. Simply pick a tablet, and swallow it with water. Moreover, they have fewer chances of breakdown by liver metabolism.
• The results of oral steroids are usually fast. They Dissolve quickly in the blood and show the results. After 5 hours of taking them, their level and efficiency reached a peak in the blood.
• As they are quick in action and show results fast, so they are less detectable. If you have to pass through a drug test, then oral steroids are best. Most oral steroids take three to five weeks to vanish their results from the body.
Cons of the oral steroids
• Orals are bad for your heart as they could lower the blood cholesterol level. They did so by activating an enzyme named hepatic lipase. This enzyme is present in the liver and its function is to lower the cholesterol level.
• They are hepatotoxic. So they could damage your liver. Many bodybuilders take TUDCA along with orals to support their liver.
• They could also have a bad impact on the kidneys by disrupting the blood pressure.
All types of steroids that are present in vials and you have to inject them into your bodies are called injectable steroids. It's clear from their name that they must be taken by injection. Winstrol Depot, Equipoise, Deca Durabolin, and Trenbolone are some examples of injectable steroids.
Here are the pros and cons of injectable steroids.
Pros of Injectable Steroids
• They are less toxic to the liver than orals, as they directly dissolve in the bloodstream. There are only some rare cases of liver failure by abuse of injectable steroids. It prevents bodybuilders from taking liver-supporting medicines.
• All steroids could increase blood pressure and decrease cholesterol levels. But injectable steroids do this less effective than oral steroids. The reason behind this is that they don’t activate the hepatic lipase present in the liver, which could lower the cholesterol level.
• Injectable steroids are more effective in the treatment of muscle pain and joint inflammation. They could be injected directly into the joints or affected muscles. This would result in immediate relief from pain.
Cons of Injectable Steroids
• Injectable steroids could cause serious problems if injected in the wrong place. Mostly they are injected into the buttocks or inner thighs. But great care should be taken as injecting in the wrong area could lead to disability or even death in some cases
• You have to take precautions to prevent yourself from HIV. Using the same syringe for different persons could lead to the spread of this virus.
• You have to bear the pain during the injection of steroids. Sometimes this pain lasts for 2 to 3 days and sometimes even for weeks.
• You could also examine dry cough while taking injectable steroids. This is not a big issue, but it could be a horrible experience for beginners.
In all, it all comes down to your preferences. You can find a range of oral and injectable steroids at UGFreaks at economical rates.